Make in advance, in bulk for a quick snack on the go. Store in an air-tight container in fridge or freezer. If you are not a fan of orange flavour, leave the zest out, these will still be just as delicious.
8 Medjool dates
3 tablespoons boiling water
½ cup thread coconut
½ cup whole almonds
2 tablespoons good quality dark cocoa powder (or use cacao powder)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract or essence
Pinch of salt
Zest of 1 orange
To coat bliss balls
¼ cup thread coconut or 3 tablespoons good quality dark cocoa powder (or use cacao powder)
Bring a half full kettle to the boil.
- Remove stones from dates and cut into quarters. Place in a small bowl with boiling water and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
2. Blend coconut, almonds and cocoa powder together in a food processor or blender, until resembling a fine powder.
3. Add dates (including soaking water), vanilla, salt and orange zest and blend mixture (you may need to pulse and stir in between each pulse), until well combined and mixture holds together when you pinch it with your fingers.
4. Place extra thread coconut or cocoa powder to coat bliss balls on a large plate. Using a tablespoon, roll tablespoon amounts of mixture into balls then roll in coconut or cocoa powder on plate.
5. Place plate of bliss balls in fridge to set for 20 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
To serve, have 1 choco coconut orange bliss ball with a cup of your favourite tea.
Nutritional Info (per serve)
Energy (kJ): 447
Energy (Cal): 107
Carbohydrate (g): 8.0
Protein (g): 2.4
Fat (g): 6.7
Saturated Fat (g): 2.8
Sugars (g): 7.2
Return to Fresh Start.