This omelette packs a flavour punch! With common flavours of Mexico — coriander, chilli, coriander and fresh tomato, this delicious lunch will be sure to please!
½ teaspoon oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
2 tablespoons low fat milk (or use DF milk)
¼ cup frozen corn kernels
¼ cup canned, drained black beans, kidney beans or chickpeas
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves and stalks
Pinch of chilli flakes, chilli or cayenne powder (optional)
Pinch of ground cumin
1 handful baby spinach leaves (or use baby kale)
½ tomato, diced 1cm
1 handful leafy greens (e.g. kale, spinach, mesclun, rocket) (optional)
Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil (if using to cook corn, or use microwave).
1. Heat oil in a medium, non-stick fry-pan on medium heat. While pan is heating, whisk eggs and milk in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
2. Pour egg mixture into pan and move around the pan to spread out evenly. Cook for 1–2 minutes, until eggs start to cook and firm up slightly (but there is still a little raw egg on top). Carefully flip egg and cook a further 1–2 minutes, until set. Remove from pan and place on a plate or board.
3. While eggs are cooking, cook corn in pot of boiling water for 1 minute then drain and refresh under cold water. Alternatively, place corn in a small, heatproof bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute, until heated through. Refresh under cold water, or leave warm, if preferred.
4. Mash beans, feta, coriander, spices together in a small bowl and stir through cooked corn, spinach and tomato. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Gently spread mixture onto omelette, covering whole omelette evenly. Gently roll up omelette then cut in half widthways.
To serve, place on a plate and enjoy with a handful of leafy greens, if desired.
Nutritional Info (per serve)
Energy (kJ): 1423
Energy (Cal): 340
Carbohydrate (g): 18.5
Protein (g): 24.8
Fat (g): 17.5
Saturated Fat (g): 6.9
Sugars (g): 6.0
Click here to return to Fresh Start.