Mandarin Mini Loaves
READY-IN: 35 | MAKES: 8 mini loaves
125g butter, softened
1 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 large mandarins
½ cup caster sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup ground almonds
3/4 cup yoghurt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup mandarin marmalade
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 8 x ¾ cup-capacity non-stick mini loaf pans, or muffin tins with oil. Dice butter into 1cm cubes. Sift flour and baking powder together, mix well.
- Zest mandarins, discard peel and seeds, roughly chop and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Alternatively, use an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating to combine. Add flour, ground almonds, yoghurt and cinnamon and stir to combine. Fold in mandarin zest and flesh.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pans and smooth surfaces. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pan/tin for 5 minutes before removing and placing onto a wire rack.
- Heat mandarin marmalade in a small pot on medium heat for about 1 minute, until warmed through or heat in microwave. Spoon warmed marmalade over loaves and serve.
- If you are using two tins, make sure you swap the trays around in the oven half way through cooking to ensure they cook evenly.