Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower
2 teaspoons oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
2 tablespoons cashews, roughly chopped
½ teaspoon oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
75g white quinoa
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon oil
250g broccolini, ends trimmed 1cm
100g rocket leaves
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons vinegar (e.g. red wine, white wine, cider)
2 teaspoons mustard (e.g. Dijon, wholegrain)
¾ teaspoon honey
150g Greek yoghurt
Zest and juice of ½ lime or lemon
2-3 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
1-2 tablespoons parsley leaves and stalks, finely chopped
1-2 tablespoons mint leaves, thinly sliced
1-2 tablespoons coriander leaves and stalks, roughly chopped
½ lime or lemon cut into wedges (if using)
Preheat oven to 230oC. Bringa medium pot of salted water to the boil. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
1. Cut cauliflower into florets. In a large bowl, toss with first measure of oil, turmeric, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and salt. Spread out onto prepared tray and roast for about 18 minutes. Remove tray from oven, push cauliflower to one side of tray and add almonds, cashews and second measure of oil to tray. Toss nuts well to combine, season and continue to roast for 3-5 minutes until nuts are lightly toasted and cauliflower is tender. Set aside.
2. While cauliflower roasts, in a small bowl, whisk together all coriander yoghurt ingredients and season. Set aside.
3. Soak quinoa in a small bowl of warm water for 3-4 minutes then whisk for 1 minute to remove the soapy coating. Drain, rinse and leave to drain well. Heat a large pan on medium heat, add quinoa and water to pan and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring, until water evaporates and quinoa starts to colour. Add oil to pan and continue to cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes until quinoa is golden brown and nutty. Season, remove from pan and set aside.
4. Cook broccolini for about 2 minutes in pot of boiling water until bright green and tender. Drain well.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard and honey. Add broccolini, rocket and half of toasted quinoa to bowl. Toss well to combine and season.
To serve, spread 2/3 of coriander yoghurt on the base of a platter. Place broccolini onto yoghurt and top with turmeric roasted cauliflower. Sprinkle over 1-2 tablespoons of toasted quinoa, drizzle over remaining coriander yoghurt and sprinkle over chopped herbs. Squeeze over lime or lemon (if using).