Ready in: 30
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons chopped cashews
2 tablespoons chopped almonds
¼ cup ground almonds
¼ cup oats
¼ cup brown sugar
25g butter, at room temperature
Salted Caramel Sauce
50g butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons brown sugar
¼ teaspoon flaky sea salt
2-4 tablespoons milk or cream
Ice cream or cream
Flaky sea salt
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking dish with baking paper. Prepare nuts.
1. With 4 of the 6 apples, stand upright and cut in half horizontally. Lay each half flat onto prepared tray and use a spoon to scoop out any seeds and to make a well for filling. Pre-bake apples for 10 minutes.
2. While apples bake, grate remaining 2 apples and place in a small pot with cinnamon and water. Place on a low heat to stew for about 5-7 minutes, until soft.
3. In a large bowl, combine all nut crumble ingredients. Using clean hands, rub butter between fingers and fold through mixture until it resembles a crumble.
4. Remove apples from oven, fill wells with stewed apple and top with crumble. Bake on middle rack of oven for about 10 minutes until apples are soft and crumble is golden. Reduce temperature if crumb starts to brown too quickly.
5. While apples bake, use pot used for stewed apples to make caramel sauce. Place butter sugar and salt into pot and place on a low heat. Whisk continuously until sugar has dissolved and is no longer separate from the butter. Add milk/cream slowly until sauce reaches desired consistency (it will thicken as it cools).
To serve, place 1-2 apple halves in a bowl, top with a scoop of ice cream or dollop of cream and drizzle with salted caramel sauce. Top with a pinch of flaky sea salt.