Our lovely Gourmet customers in Christchurch have been delivered a whole squash for Wednesday night's Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Olive and Basil Marinara Sauce. Follow these quick instructions to prepare your roasted spaghetti squash.
1. Cutting of spaghetti squash requires special care, first dampen a rag/tea towel with water, squeeze out excess.
2. Place flat on bench and lie chopping board on top, this will prevent the board from slipping.
3. Using a large knife, place one hand on squash to steady and place the point of the knife half way down the centre of the squash. Bring the heel of the knife down slicing the squash completely through. Turn the squash around and repeat the process on the remaining half, bringing the knife down to the left/right of the stalk to avoid.
4. Season as per recipe with olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. Place cut side down in large baking dish, add boiling water, and carefully place in oven.